Capt. Dwyer, new Southern Division Police Captain, reported statistics on the Basking Ridge Neighborhood:
- 20 calls in the last 30 days
- 35% of calls were due to audible alarms
- Other types of calls included:
- Information only calls (another PD contacting them about a case)
- traffic control
- sideshow has become a challenge (2 occasions)
- weapons (no firearms)
- suspicious vehicle/ppl
- surveillance done by other PD
- fire dept needing assist
- patrol check
- mentally ill person
- 3 child abuse calls
Capt. Dwyer emphasized that suspicious vehicle and suspicious person calls need to go up. WE need to call when we see something happening. Expected response time: depends on type of incident. If severe enough, it should just be driving time. It’s first come first serve basis and severity basis.
PD made 4 patrol checks in the last 30 days. Additional nightly patrol checks can be made possible – 4 is not great. It’s not enough for a neighborhood as large as ours.
No burglaries or theft reported.